Welcome new editor (automated message)
Thanks for your edit to the Geek Feminism Wiki MikeeUSA page.
As a new editor, you might find some of our community resources useful:
- new editor resources at the Community Portal
- Vandalism reporting if you see any spam or abusive edits to the wiki
- The community discussion page for general questions, problems or suggestions for improving the wiki.
Re: MRA page
I agree with you, at least in part -- I'm honestly not sure what the right balance is between refuting the arguments of the MRAs, and not giving their hateful and wrong ideas any more exposure, or dignifying them with a response. I created the talk page for the article, saying as much -- maybe we can find some kind of consensus amongst contributors? Thanks for raising this point; I appreciate it. =)
About the edit on "Rape Culture" page.
The qualifier part is ok, but we must retain
"Rigid gender roles necessarily go with objectification of the body and therefore any culture that prescribes rigid gender roles is a rape culture." in the form
Whenever a society prescribes rigid gender roles, then it commits itself to disrespect for gender diverse roles. This amounts to objectification of the body and therefore any culture that prescribes rigid gender roles is a rape culture.
What do you say?
- I agree, I just found the wording used was a bit too convoluted to be of much use to the page. This page on rape culture is more concise, and includes most of the points on objectification: http://www.marshall.edu/wcenter/sexual-assault/rape-culture I would like to see the article here summarize rape culture in a similar way. Thoughts?
- Leninflux (talk) 17:53, December 16, 2013 (UTC)