(revert to last good version)
m (Protected "Guide for foul-mouthed feminists": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (expires 19:01, January 24, 2013 (UTC)) [move=autoconfirmed] (expires 19:01, January 24, 2013 (UTC))))
Revision as of 19:01, 24 October 2012
Feminists like to cuss too! But some cuss words are misogynist, some are deliberately feminist, and others are in the process of being reclaimed. What's a feminist to do?
This is a brief field guide to cussing the feminist way. User beware - if you piss people off, and say, "But Geek Feminism said I could say that," we'll just laugh at you.
- Douche, douchebag, douchenozzle, etc. - douches are unnecessary tools of the patriarchy, fuck them
- Cockbiter - instead of cocksucker, which makes the act of giving a blow job shameful
Try to avoid
- Any form of fuck that assumes penetration is a bad thing for the receptive partner
Unless you're making fun of people who use these words in a sexist way...
- Bugger - homophobic
Reclaiming is done by people who are in the group who are disparaged by the word. If you aren't a woman, you have to wait until women have made progress on reclaiming the word before you can use it.
Open for discussion
- Motherfucker - gender specific, but based on incest taboo rather than patriarchy?
- Fuck in general - has several meanings and usages, some of which are misogynist and some of which are not
- Dick and friends - associates male-specific body part with male-related badness, but men are in power - okay now but eventually obsolete?
- Piss, piss off
- God's teeth