Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Fat Princess is a video game released in July 2008. It's a capture-the-flag style game, except that you have to capture/rescue a fat princess, who is being force-fed cake until she's too fat to move.
Feminist (and other critical) responses
- Fat Princess - "Ugh" (Feminist Gamers)
- "Honestly, the “core game mechanics” are brilliant, and if I didn’t care one whit about the objectification of women or fat-bashing, I would think this was the best thing since… well, Team Fortress 2. And I’m quite sure that this describes 99% of the PSN players out there, so I’m sure the game will do very well."
- I write letters. (Shakesville)
- "Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes."
- Fat Princess update (Shakesville)
- Fat Princess greatest hits (Shakesville)
- More Fat Princess (Shakesville) - includes a very good interview which wasn't used...
- This is why I don't do interviews (followup to previous post)
- Well, that was bound to happen. (Feministe)
- The big fat problem that Fat Princess exposes (Game with a brain)
- Fat Princess (Alas, a blog)
Responses to responses
- Sony's Fat Princess makes Internet upset. (Kotaku)
- Fat Princess video game stirs up heavy debate
- How misogynistic is the games industry? Bloggers attack Fat Princess (AltNation forums)
- The inevitable Fat Princess backlash has begun (Arstechnica forums)
- Feminists sh*t all over Fat Princess, real people laugh (Destructoid)
- How Fat Princess is blatantly better than feminism (satirical piece at Destructoid)
- Feminists cry foul over Fat Princess (videogames.yahoo.com)
- Slim Shady bitchslapped my Fat Princess (Salon)
- Opinion: Do you have what it takes to be a Fat Princess feminist? (Binge Gamer) (major offensiveness warning)
- Fatties enraged by Fat Princess (Quarter to Three forums)