Farcifying, turning into a farce, is a Derailment tactic that is used to undermine discussions on solemn topics. It is also a Blame dodging tactic when used by a participant to distract others from the original topic and discussion. It is common on the Internet, especially on sites and fora with lighthearted themes.
Tools of farcifying include but are not limited to:
- making puns related to the topic, essentially inviting others to join in and have some fun instead of discussing the matter at hand
- mocking those who would discuss seriously
- gleeful rides down the slippery slope
- employing super irony with common counter-arguments
- completely derailing the topic, taking over the discussion
- entering the discussion with Concern troll or Straw-feminist Sock puppets.