In June 2009, the gaming magazine "Electronic Gaming Monthly" stopped being published. Subscribers were sent copies of the men's magazine "Maxim" instead.
- EGM subscribers getting Maxim as replacement (Kotaku.com, a Gawker-operated gaming site)
- "It's doubtful that balance can be transferred to the attempt at reviving Electronic Gaming Monthly by magazine founder Steve Harris. But, hey, boobs."
- If you like video games then you must love tits (Boston Brahmina)
- "And the magazine that the publishers assumed would appeal to the great possible number of gamers? Tits R Us. Because all gamers are dudes, don’tcha know! Straight dudes!"
- "Also not wanted: Gay male gamers and feminist straight dudez. But the industry isn't rife with misogyny and homophobia, we SWEARS it!"
- Gaming Just Got More Naked (EGM = Maxim?) (Geeks are Sexy)
- " I’m simply amused that somehow gaming magazine = men’s magazine. I wonder how much of ’s subscriber base was actually female (or men who couldn’t care less about Olivia Wilde in leather)?"