This page lists
- 1 Adoption of policies
- 2 Support of policies
- 3 Opposition to policies
- 4 Resources and reading from other communities
Adoption of policies
This is a list of posts and essays about the policies, and their adoption in various communities.
- RFC: Draft conference anti-harassment policy
- Get your conference anti-harassment policy here!
- Example conference anti-harassment policy turns one year old
- HUGE news from American Atheists re harassment (now with link to press release)
- Harassment policies campaign – timeline of major events
Support of policies
This is a list of posts and essays that support the adoption of anti-harassment policies.
- Danielle Madeley, why we need anti-harassment policies
- Matthew Cheney, An Unenforced Policy Is Worse Than None
- Ann Leckie, Everyone knows what this is about
- K. Ceres Wright, Having a Sexual Harassment Policy is not Enough
Opposition to policies
This is a list of posts and essays that oppose the adoption of anti-harassment policies.
Resources and reading from other communities
Here are some resources and reading from other communities who have dealt with related subjects, which may be useful as background or for comparison.
- Book: The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities
- Toronto Anarchist Book Fair sexual assault and consent policy (a very different approach to anti-harassment policies from ours)
- Safer spaces, false allegations, and the NYC Anarchist Book Fair (discussion about requesting known abusers to stay away, and the fear of false allegations)
- Accounting For Ourselves: Breaking the Impasse Around Assault and Abuse in Anarchist Scenes (discusses restorative and transformative justice, pitfalls of community accountability processes, and alternatives to the accountability model; also includes an extensive appendix of further reading)